Gluten Free Lemon, Blueberry, and Chia Seed Muffins
With Mother’s Day coming up this Sunday, it gives us a good excuse to get into the kitchen and do something nice for our moms! We thought, why not make something healthy but still delicious for Mother’s Day brunch, so we found this recipe from Gracie Carroll's blog. We think everyone will love it! Anddd…it’s SUPER easy to make!
What you’ll need
*Makes about 8-10 muffins
- 2 cups of almond flower
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 lemon - juice and rinds
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl: eggs, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, and blueberries.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl: almond flower, salt, baking soda, chia seeds.
- Stir dry and wet ingredients together.
- Use a spoon to divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool in muffin tins before serving.
Tips: use more or less honey or blueberries depending on how sweet you’d prefer them to be.
Here's how ours turned out!