It's officially August and with a generally cool June and July that we had in Toronto, we are dying for great weather in August. We think our prayers have been answered and we plan to sit on more patios and host more bbq's than ever this month. In this week's blog, in an effort to hold onto summer as long as possible, we're sharing some fresh summer cocktails that we have been loving. We plan to enjoy many of these this month, and we highly recommend you do the same! So good!
This is the IT drink right now all over Europe! This fresh summer cocktail is perfect for those hot summer afternoons by the lake at the cottage or warm summer nights on the patio. Made from 4 simple ingredients, this drink is one of our go-to's this summer season.
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves
- 3 Italian Prosecco or any brut sparkling wine (non-sweet)
- 1 wedge lemon
1. Place ice cubes in a large wine glass. Gently muddle the mint, using a pestle. Add the glasses from the juice along with the juice from one lemon wedge. This is a must try drink this season! Enjoy this refreshing cocktail for those last hot days of the summer!
The Moscow mule is the perfect refreshing summer drink for the drink connoisseur! A little spicy but extremely refreshing and not a super sweet drink that you'll get tired of after just one!
- 1/2 oz. of lime juice.
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 4-6oz. of ginger beer.
1. Squeeze the lime juice into a Moscow mug (copper mug) and drop in the shell of the lime for extra flavour.
2. Add a few ice cubes, add vodka and ginger beer (not ginger ale - Bundaberg is our fave).
3. Garnish with a few mint leaves. Voila you have yourself a refreshing summer cocktail!
The Belini is the perfect feminine cocktail for the gals who love a fruity drink that tastes just like juice (dangerous!). Here is one of our favourite Belini recipes that is always a hit to make on girls nights in!
- 2 oz of peach nectar
- 1/8 oz of lemon juice
- 1 oz of peach schnapps
- 2 oz crushed ice
- 3 oz of dry sparkling wine
1. Mix the peach nectar, lemon juice and schnapps in a chilled glass. Add the ice, stir and then add the sparkling wine. (Serves 2). Enjoy!
We love the Pink Senorita, if you want a cute, fun and girly sweet drink this ones for you!Ingredients:
- Lemon wedge
- Course salt
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of pink lemonade
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of triple sec
- 1 cup of tequila
- 4 lemon slice for garnish
1. Rub a lemon wedge around the rim around 4 rims, then dip rims into salt.
2. Pour mixture of pink lemonade, fresh lemon juice, triple sec, and tequila into a pitcher. Stir.
3. Pour mixture in pitcher into 4 glasses over ice and garnish with lemon. Enjoy this amazing fun drink!