A healthier and more filling version of Starbucks lemon poppyseed loaf-yes please! These muffins are the perfect addition to a weekend brunch and they freeze really well for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack. These muffins tend towards dense and chewy rather than cakey, so they won't crumble apart.
Makes 12-14 muffins. This recipe also works as a loaf.
* 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
* 3/4 cup honey
*1/3 cup lemon juice (~2 lemons)
* zest of 1 lemon
* 1/3 cup poppy seeds
* 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
* Pinch of salt
*3/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. Use a food processor or blender to grind oats into a fine flour
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until pale and foamy
4. Add the Greek yogurt to the eggs and whisk until the mixture is smooth
5. Add in honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest and whisk until well combined
6. Add in oat flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt. Fold the ingredients together until well combined.
7. Pour batter into a greased muffin tin.
8. Optional: drop a small handful of blueberries into each muffin cup.
9. Bake muffins for 12-15 minutes, until a golden-brown crust has started to form and a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Let the tin cool before removing muffins from pan.11. Enjoy!
Adapted from this recipe on Buzzfeed!