Easy Fish Tacos
By: Alisha (our Oakville manager!)
Here’s what you will need:
*Serves 3-4 people
- 1 pound Tilapia or any white fish (To keep it on the healthy side I've picked something not breaded or battered) *You can season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 cup of chopped cabbage tossed in your favourite hot sauce favourite hot sauce
- Homemade Tartar sauce ** (see below)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Jalapeños
- 2 Limes
- 6-10 Whole wheat tortillas (enough for each person to have 1 or 2)
Homemade Tartar Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 TSP Mustard
- 1 TBSP Relish
- Dash of Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper
First and for most, pour yourself a drink and get the music going! Next, prepare and start cooking the fish. Add coconut oil to the pan, turn the pan on medium to high heat and let simmer. Add the fish and cook without moving until the underside of the fish is white and opaque on the bottom - about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side.
While the fish is cooking chop the cabbage, avocado, and jalapeños. Place ingredients in separate serving bowls. Add hot sauce to the cabbage and toss, for spice preference adjust hot sauce accordingly. In a small sauce bowl combine all tartar sauce ingredients and stir until fully blended.
Once the fish is cooked, plate it inside the tortillas and add cabbage, avocados and jalapeños to the taco as desired.
Top tacos with chopped cilantro and lime and enjoy!
You can adjust the recipe based on how many people are getting their taco fix and what toppings people enjoy.
Pair with a margarita, an ice cold Corona, or my favourite: a mojito!