GINGERBREAD PANCAKE RECIPE
Christmas morning is my favourite morning of the year. As a child we would always lounge around and spend the morning eating delicious food while unwrapping gifts and stockings. I would try to make the morning last all day. Ever since, I've always been on the hunt for yummy new recipes to try out Christmas morning, so when I came across this recipe for Gingerbread Pancakes I knew I had to try them. What could be better? I plan to top mine with strawberries and whipped cream. Delish.
Ingredients: (Makes 10 pancakes)
- 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Preheat skillet to 350 degrees (medium heat)
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, molasses, and butter.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined, do not over-mix.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of mixture onto skillet, and flip when top begins to bubble (about 2 minutes)
- Cook for 2 more minutes until pancakes are lightly golden brown.
- Repeat Steps 5-6 until all your batter is used up.
- Top with your favorite syrup and powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Recipe from six sisters stuff.