We can't start our day and be productive with a nutritional breakfast! Whether it be something quick and easy (prepping before bed is always the best way to reduce time in the morning while rushing to get out of the door) or a breakfast that may take a little bit of time, we're giving you some of our favourite breakfast recipes! If you are always strapped for time in the morning and seem to be rushing, these breakfast recipes are easy and perfect for those early mornings when you're are rushing to get out of the door! We hope you enjoy our favourite summer recipes! XX.
Our number one go-to breakfast recipes is a classic veggie omelette. Quick, easy and super healthy! One of the great things about this breakfast is you can alter it to your diet and add in whatever you're feeling that day! To add extra protein to keep you full longer, opting to add in some type of meat is a great option. We usually make a veggie omelette using 3 large eggs, you can also use egg whites, depending on how healthy you want to go! We love to add in spinach, cherry tomatoes, green onion, a little bit of sharp cheddar and avocado on top of course!
- 3 eggs (or you can use 1 cup of egg whites)
- 1/4 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onion
- Spoonful of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of spinach
- 1/2 an avocado
1. Mix eggs in bowl. Pour into heated pan.
2. Let the mixed egg mixture cook for around 3 minutes. Add your veggies on top.
3. Let the veggies cook into the egg and flip one side over the other. Flip the omelette to let both sides cook.
4. Add some sliced avocado on top.
Overnight Oats is by far one of our favourite breakfast options and the easiest! It takes maximum 5 minutes to make this breakfast, does it get any easier than that?! It's healthy and the oats keep you full until lunch. Bonus!
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of milk (you can use any type of milk you normally use (almond, soy, 1%, skim etc)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seas
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Pour rolled oats into a bowl and add milk. Make sure the milk covers about 3/4 of the oats. You don't want the oats to be too milky in the morning, so if the oats are completely covered by the milk, you have put too much in.
2. Add chia seeds and cinnamon. Stir and mix well.
3. Place in the fridge before you go to bed.
4. In the morning, the mixture should be soft and not milky. Add 2 spoonfuls of yogurt on the top (we like greek) and add your choice of fruit. We usually add whatever is in season. In the summer we love blueberries, raspberries and peaches on top!
Our favourite breakfast in the summertime is an acai bowl. It's perfect for those hot mornings that you don't feel like having a heavy breakfast.
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of fresh kale
- 1/2 of banana
- 3.5 oz of Acai berry pulp
- 1/2 of frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1/4 of granola
- 1-2 tsp of unsweetened coconut
- Cinnamon or drizzle of honey
1. Put the acai mixture into a blender. Blend on low until the bigger pieces of fruit start to liquify. Add some milk to make it more of a liquid. Gradually get up to a high speed for about 15-20 seconds.
2. Once the mixture is well blended, pour into a bowl. Add your desired toppings.
Perfect on the patio in the morning when its super hot outside!
One of our favourite breakfast options and not just for breakfast but as a snack or even for lunch when you're in a pinch, is a green smoothie. They are super fast in the morning when you're rushing to get out the door and not to mention extremely healthy! You can get your daily does of greens in just one smoothie! We love making extra to have the next day if we have no time to make another quick smoothie in the morning, this recipe keeps well (keep in an airtight container)!
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1/2 cup of mango juice
- 2 large granny smith apples (chopped)
- 2 cups of red leaf lettuce
- 2.3 cups of loosely packed parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup of packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 of packed avocado
- 4 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 small, pinky sized pieces of fresh peel turmeric
- 5 to 6 large ice cubes
1. Add the coconut water and mango juice into a blender on high speed.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until the consistency is silky. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
3. Serve! You may want to save some of the mixture for the next day. Remember to place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours!
**It's best in the morning for breakfast or in the afternoon as a healthy snack!**
Avocado & Eggs on Toast
We saved the best for last! Along with the omelette, this recipe does take a bit more time. So if you wake up a bit later and are always rushing through the week, maybe save this option for the weekend when you're not on a time sensitive schedule.
- 1 piece of whole grain toast (we love Rye too!)
- Handful of Cherry tomatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
1. Mix eggs in a bowl, pour onto a heated sauce pan. Stir egg mixture to make scrambled eggs (or any type of egg you prefer).
2. In a separate bowl, take an avocado and mash it up. Add a squirt of lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix around in the bowl. Take your piece of bread and toast it.
3. Place smashed avocado on the toast. Please scrambled eggs on top of avocado mixture. Add some diced cherry tomatoes and salt and pepper.
4. Eat and enjoy!