This week on the blog, we decided to do a Q&A with our store manager Jill. Can you believe she has never done one?! We've asked her everything from her favourite food, to her dream holiday and what she is eyeing on her Spring wardrobe list! Hope you enjoy! XX
1. Where are you from and how did you start working at V.O.C?
I'm from Oakville, Ontario! I started working at V.O.C two years ago as a weekend key holder.
2. What is your role at V.O.C?
I'm the operations manager and assistant buyer!
3. What was your very first job?
My first job was a sales associate at Triple Flip downtown Oakville! I worked there all throughout highschool.
4. What is your absolute favourite thing about working at the store?
My favourite thing about working in the store is meeting new people and building great customer relationships! Also seeing all the new pieces come in haha
5. How would you describe your style both for work and when you're not working?
I feel like they are pretty similar! I'm pretty casual no fuss gal. I'm always wearing jeans and will usually have a tee or casual blouse paired with it.
6. Who are your style icons and why?
I am really liking Ashley Brooke and Emma Hill! Both are pretty casual but will add a cool blazer or outerwear piece to make their outfit unique. I've also always loved Lauren Conrad's style.
7. If you could switch wardrobes with any person, who would it be?
Emma Hill 100%! Her denim and blazer collection is absolutely amazing! She always looks so classy, yet is always on trend and adds an edge to every outfit. Trading closets with her would be a dream come true!
8. What are some of your favourite brands at the store?
Currently I'm loving Rails and Amuse Society. I'm also big fans of AG and Paige because you can never have too many pairs of jeans right...?
9. What is on your spring list right now (at the store or not)?
I am on the hunt for a closed pointed toe mule! I'm loving this pair from Duet Shoes called the Mya. I also have a couple weddings to go to this year so i'm always keeping my eyes open for a jumpsuit or dress.
10. What is a Spring trend you're loving right now?
I'm loving it all! I love all the pastel colours and all of the prints!
11. What is a trend you absolutely hate?
I hate contrast or copper stitching on denim. I don't think I will ever come around to it.
12. What is something you can't live without?
My phone, my drunk elephant serum, dogs?
13. What does your nightly or morning routine consist of?
My nightly beauty routine consists of washing my face with either Origins Cheeks & Balance cleanser or Muard acne cleanser.
14. What is one beauty product you always have on hand?
Lip chap! Currently I really like the Sephora brand lip balm or the glossier lip balm. I will always have one with me.
15. Any shows you're currently obsessing over right now?
I recently finished the first season of the Handmaids Tale... It is so good! It's very creepy so if you're not into a thriller type show you might not like it.
A leather tote! I've been searching for a nice and practical leather bag. But this would for sure be the piece I splurge on because I would use it daily.
17. What is your dream vacation or the next place you are dying to go to?
OOO i've always dreamed of going to Bora Bora. But i'm dying to go to New Zealand / Australia and Iceland!
18. When you aren't working, what is something you do in your downtime?
I'm usually just hanging out with friends and family. Now that the summer is in a couple months my boyfriend and I have started to spend the weekends up at the cottage for a chill weekend.
19. What is your favourite food?
I thought question 20 was hard Haha I really love it all! I love Mexican and Italian food! Also love Thai.. I can't pick.
20. We have saved the hardest question for last! What is your favourite piece of clothing you own?
Oh jeez. If i had to pick it would be down to my jeans (i can't pick one particular pair I'm sorry) and my Mackage Leather jacket. These are pieces I consistently pick day after day. I can't pick one!